Safety Use and Liquid Nitrogen Vessel
Under normal tempreature and pressure, nitrogen is a colorless, odorless, inert gas. Nitrogen accounts for about 78.1% of the air. Liquid nitrogen is also colorless and odorless, lighter than water. Does not burn in the air. It is inert at room temperature but combines with oxygen at high temperatures. Nitrogen itself is non-toxic and non-irritating, and the inhaled nitrogen is still discharged through the respiratory tract as it is. However, an increase in nitrogen in the air will cause dilution of oxygen and affect normal breathing. High concentrations of nitrogen can cause asphyxiation. Liquid nitrogen contact with the skin can cause cold burns. There are several liquid nitrogen vessel nowadays.
The safety use of liquid nitrogen
Under normal circumstances, when liquid nitrogen is stored in a sealed tank, attention must be paid to maintaining a certain gap in the liquid nitrogen tank. Otherwise, the gas can not be discharged in time when the liquid nitrogen is in vaporization, which can easily cause an explosion accident. Generally, the lids of liquid nitrogen tanks have a certain gap. Humans should not be jam them during use.
Liquid Nitrogen Use Matters needing attention:
- Liquid nitrogen is a low-temperature product, it is essential to prevent from frostbite in the course of use;
- When operating and accessing frozen items in liquid nitrogen, the speed should be fast. Take care to handle them gently to avoid thawing and unnecessary damage.
- In the use and storage of liquid nitrogen in the room, to maintain good ventilation to avoid room oxygen, resulting in suffocation.
- Due to liquid nitrogen is not bactericidal, so contact with liquid nitrogen utensils should pay attention to difinfection.
- Liquid nitrogen tank must be in fix state during transportation to prevent vibration and reversed.
- When liquid nitrogen tanks store items for a long time, it is necessary to pay attention to the timely addition of liquid nitrogen.
Use and Maintenance of the Vessel:
- During use,inspect the tank body at any time a day. You will find that there are water droplets and forst on the lid of the tank, indicating that the quality of the tank is problematic, you have to stop it immediately; in the tank when the water droplets or forst phenomenon occurs, you can touch the shell by hand. If the upper part is cold and lower part is hot, this indicates that the quality of the tank has certain problems,ie, the liquid nitrogen has large daily damage, and it should to prevent the loss of liquid nitrogen.It is better to stop using; at the same time, in daily use, it is necessary to refer to the requirements of relevant pressure vessel safety technical supervision regulations, and regularly check and verify the liquid nitrogen tank and afety equipment instrument accessories to ensure their safety and integrity.
- Before use, you should carefully check the vessel related safety instruments and accessories, when the instrument, accessories in a good state of normal, can correctly grasp and adjust the required pressure and capacity; if you found it is hanging on the surface, should immediately stop using, timely inspection testing and maintenance.
The other precautions
- Liquid nitrogen tank before filling liquid nitrogen, first check whether the shell depression, vaccum exhaust port is intact; if it is damaged, the vacuum will decreases, serious air intake can not be insulated, so that the upper part of the tank will frosting, liquid nitrogen loss, will lose the value of continued use; liquid nitrogen can not be fill with liquid nitrogen in the vacuum exhaust, so as to avoid the vacuum degree decreased; the same time, before filling the liquid nitrogen tank should have a small amount of liquid nitrogen keep precooled.
- liquid nitrogen tank should be stored in a cool well-ventilated place, not in the sun exposure. Because of its precision and inherent characteristics, liquid nitrogen tanks must not be tilted, placed horizontally, inverted, stacked, collided or collided with other objects during use or storage. Always keep the tank upright.
- 5, for long-term storage, you need to regularly add liquid nitrogen; Besides, supplementation should generally be in the liquid nitrogen residual capacity is one-third of the total capacity is appropriate.
- When putting in or taking out frozen goods, try to make the tank opening time short to reduce the consumption of liquid nitrogen, and do not put out the lifting cylinder completely.
- Don’t place objects on the lid of the container and seal the neck.
- Never use a hard object to remove frozen frost from the neck tube to avoid damaging the neck tube.
- Liquid nitrogen tank is only available for holding liquid nitrogen, not allowed to hold other liquids or mixed.
The vessels we have to hold the liquid nitrogen:
- Dewar Flasks: to store small amount of cryogenic liquids with capacity of 175L,499L etc. It is convenient for transportation and it could self pressurizing.
- Cryogenic liquid storage tank: Different capacities and working pressures are available
- Cryogenic liquid transport tanker: you could transfor the liquids from one place to another.
- ISO container tank: this is used for sea transportation of liquids
- Large-sized flat bottom tanks
If you are in need of these products, don’t hesitate to send us your inquiries with details. We will make you proposal and quotation accordingly; or you could find more details of our industrial gas equipment by looking here.